From wood to brick and even stucco, there’s no shortage of options when you’re shopping for new residential siding in Vancouver, WA. One of the most popular choices on the market right now, however, is vinyl siding. This post will teach you a few of the reasons why more and more people across the country are opting for vinyl when building a home or replacing their siding:
- Affordable: Do you want great looking siding but don’t have the budget for brick? Then vinyl might be right for you! At $2 to $7 per square foot, it’s tough to beat vinyl when it comes to affordability. By comparison, brick siding can cost up to $15 per square foot.
- Cost-effective: Similar to the point above, vinyl siding is as cost-effective as it gets. Vinyl requires very little maintenance (as we’ll touch on below), which means you won’t need to spend much money in the future on upkeep, as you would need to with wood.
- Highly customizable: One of the great benefits of wood siding is the fact that you can paint it to be any color of the rainbow (as long as there aren’t any HOA regulations against doing so). Though vinyl isn’t painted, it can still come in practically any color! Vinyl can also be crafted into any shape imaginable for a unique look.
- Durable: Assuming that it’s installed by a professional, vinyl siding can last for up to 50 years without needing to be replaced. You may want to have your vinyl siding inspected every once in a while to ensure that it’s still structurally sound.
- Low maintenance: Keeping up with maintenance around the house can be a real pain. One thing you don’t need to worry about when it comes to maintenance is your vinyl siding. As long as it’s installed correctly, your vinyl siding just needs to be hosed down as needed to get rid of grime.
- Energy efficient: Energy loss through exterior walls is a major concern, particularly in the summer and winter, when temperatures are at their most extreme. The good news is that vinyl is here to help! Insulated vinyl siding provides an extra layer of protection, ensuring that outside air stays out and your inside air stays in.
- Weather resistant: Your siding’s number one job is to protect your home during harsh weather. Homeowners with vinyl siding don’t have to worry about that. Vinyl siding stands up to whatever Mother Nature can throw at it. In fact, some vinyl siding can withstand wind gusts of up to 200 miles per hour!
- Easy installation: We always recommend having a professional install your vinyl siding for you. However, this isn’t absolutely necessary if you’re a particularly skilled DIY-er. Vinyl is lightweight, which means it’s easy to install if you have a couple of friends and the right tools for the job.
Whether you’re interested in vinyl siding or something else, be sure to choose DL Baker Homes LLC to install it for you! Nobody can beat our prices or level of expertise when it comes to residential siding in Vancouver, WA. Give us a call today to get a quote or to learn more about our services.
Categorised in: Siding